I need an official transcript
I need an unofficial transcript
- Please request an official transcript here. The fee for official transcripts is $7.50 per transcript.
I need to change my address or name
- You may print an unofficial transcript from the student portal for free. If you are an alumni or not currently enrolled, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy, free of charge. Unofficial transcripts can be mailed or faxed.
- You can obtain the "Request to Change Personal Information" form from the USW website- Academics> Office of the Registrar>Forms. Return the form to the Office of the Registrar by mail or fax. You can also change your addresses in your student portal.
University of the Southwest
6610 N Lovington Hwy Ste 508
Hobbs, NM 88240
Where is the Office of the Registrar located?
I am registered for an online course, how do I log on to the Blackboard?
- The office of the Registrar is located in the J.L. Burke Hall Building, on the northwest end of the campus.
How do I register for classes?
- If you are registered for an online course, first log on to the eStudent portal using your ID number and password. Then click the "Log onto Blackboard" link on the eStudent Portal menu. Your user name is the capital "C" or "A" of your student ID number and the last six digits. For example, if your student ID number is A0000001234, your username is A001234. Your password is the last four digits of your social security number. If you do not have a social security number, your password will be the year of your birth.
- If you have any issues, please call Technology Services at 575-492-2181.
Who do I speak to about VA benefits?
- If you are a current student you must make an appointment with your advisor. Your advisor will register you for the needed courses. Your advisor can do this in their office, over the phone, or through email. If you are a new student you must first visit with the admissions office. The admissions office will then introduce you to an initial advisor in the Office of the Registrar to evaluate your degree plan, your transfer courses, and register you for classes.
How do I apply for graduation?
- To apply for VA benefits please see the Registrar. You may also obtain information about your benefits from the website www.gibill.va.gov.
- If you feel you are ready to graduate, you must apply for graduation through the Office of the Registrar. It would be to your benefit to apply as early as possible so that your advisor can audit your degree plan to determine if you have fulfilled your program requirements. The fee for graduation is $70 for undergraduate students and $90 for graduate students.
- Application for Bachelor Degree
- Application for Masters Degree
To request your CLEP score and Official Transcript:
Call phone:800-257-9558 (8 a.m. to 6 p.m., ET, Monday-Friday)
Have the followinginformation ready:
- Name, Birthday, and Social Security Number
- Exam title, test center, and test date
- Where you want the transcript sent: Institution Code (USW) 4116
- (The transcript will be sent to Rebecca Whitley, Office of the Registrar)
- $20 charge VISA/AMEX/MC
*Since our institution is listed with CLEP, It can be done as listed above. For institutions not already listed with CLEP, the studentwill need to print the Transcript Request form from the CLEP website, completethe form, and fax it to the number listed on the form with the credit card information (it is a secure fax).I want to request an evaluation of my degree
What do I need to do if I want to take a class at another institution?
- Contact the an advisor in the Office of the Registrar to make an appointment to evaluate your degree plan and to determine your anticipated date of graduation.
How do I drop or withdraw from a course(s)?
- A student planning to enroll concurrently at USW and another college or university must complete a, obtain approval signature from his or her academic advisor, and file the form with the Office of the Registrar in advance of each semester during which the student plans to be concurrently enrolled. You may obtain that form from the Office of the Registrar link.