Freshman and Sophomore Year
- Visit the Career Center to learn about available resources.
- Identify majors that relate to your interests abilities and/or personality.
- Gain experience through volunteering, or paid part-time employment.
- Prepare a draft of your resume.
- Explore options, build your resume, try to gain on-the-job experience.
- Conduct informational interviews with a professional in your field to learn about the nature of their job.
- Update you resume, include any academic awards, leadership positions, etc.
- review new job postings, internships, and jobs that are available in your field of study.
- Prepare applications for graduate/professional school.
- Start filling out job applications.
- Visit the Career Center for resume critiques, interview tips, and job search strategies.
- Attend career fairs, workshops, and mock interviews.