Since 1962, the University of the Southwest has been educating young minds, helping mold the next generation of leaders through Christ-centered values.
Location: Hobbs, New Mexico
University of the Southwest is an accredited member of the HigherLearning Commission (HLC) with headquarters in Chicago,Illinois, one of the six regional agencies that accredit institutions of highereducation. The accreditation process assesses such characteristics asgovernance and administration, financial stability, admissions and studentpersonnel services, institutional resources, student academic achievement,institutional effectiveness, and relationships with constituencies outside theinstitution. This voluntary accreditation has two fundamental purposes: qualityassurance and institutional and program improvement.
USW was granted accreditation in 1980, and hasmaintained continuous accreditation. The next HLC Reaffirmation ofAccreditation is scheduled in academic year 2023-2024.
Undergraduate degree programs:
22 majors (including specialties)
Graduate degree programs:
President: Quint C. Thurman, Ph.D.
- MBA (with choice of 11 specializations)
- MS Education (with choice of 9 specializations)
- All graduate programs are fully online
- Student Organizations and Activities: USW has 12 student organizations including professional, academic honor, Christian ministry and civic and cultural. The University also supports an intramural sports program where students, staff and faculty are welcome to participate.
- Housing: 59% of undergraduates live on-campus in residence halls or apartment housing.
National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics – Division I
Baseball, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Men's Soccer, Women's Soccer, Softball, Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis, Women's Volleyball, Men's & Women's Cross Country, Men's & Women's Track & Field and Men's & Women's Golf.
Financial aid is available to students who qualify. Over 80% of our students receive some form of aid.
University of the Southwest is a Yellow Ribbon School